Sunday, September 26, 2010

1st grade Crayon Resist Turtle Paintings





Check out these wonderful Crayon Resist Turtle Paintings by our 1st graders!

A few classes have finished and some need just one more art class to finish these beautiful and detailed works of art! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love doing this project with first graders because it really shows them they can create "realistic" drawings if they follow instructions and when I show them how to break subjects down into simple shapes and lines. I've been receiving all kinds of turtle drawings in my mailboxes when I arrive at my schools - so I know that kids are practicing at home, and showing their families - how fantastic is that?

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous turtles! And beautiful work from grades 2 to 5, too. The elementary school artists of Urbandale have a fan way down in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete